The numbers keep growing, connections keep strengthening, and knowledge keeps expanding. Now in its 20th year, Cority recently hosted its annual user group conference, Cority Connect, in Nashville, TN, marking the biggest (and best) year yet! If you're unfamiliar with Cority Connect, let's bring you up to speed.
This year, the premier industry knowledge-sharing event brought together over 480 EHSQ practitioners to engage with one another and share best practices, discuss what's trending, and learn the ins and outs of Cority's solutions. Why do so many industry leaders return year after year? To gain essential hands-on Cority training, get burning questions answered, preview the product roadmap, and have a little ( or a lot) of fun!
Here are some of the highlights from Cority Connect 2020:
Follow the Expert Blueprint
Although there isn’t a one-size-fits-all way to leverage the Cority platform, our clients have been through it all and want you to learn from their successes. This year we had 14 clients share their stories and teach other Cority users how they’ve successfully implemented, adopted, and benefited from an integrated EHSQ solution. These sessions are always a conference highlight since there’s really no better way to learn than from those who have walked in your shoes.
Here are some key takeaways from client Dr. Sara Pasqualoni, Medical Director at Los Alamos National Laboratory's presentation about the organization's digital transformation journey:
- Sometimes it takes a cultural shift to get the ball rolling! You may experience resistance and fear of change amongst your organization. Through collaboration and working as a team, mindsets begin to shift and people begin to understand your 'why'. Listen, involve others, be empathetic, and work as one. This will shift your employees' mindsets to approach new opportunities and solutions with excitement and creativity.
- Create your all-star team: Having a handful of designated EHSQ champions driving your digitial transformation initiative is key in making sure your priorities stay top of mind and your goals are met.
- Embrace innovation, dream about what you can do with an integrated EHSQ software solution like Cority and drive operational excellence through automation.
Learning is Limitless
With 55 expert-led sessions spanning over 5 specialized tracks, the learning at Cority Connect is unparalleled. This year we kicked off Day 1 with compelling keynote presentations from Bill Pennington, Senior Analyst at Verdantix, Paul Moss, VP EHS, Travel and Security, at Siemens Healthineers, and Dr. Jessica Mora from DuPont who all touched on using innovative EHS technology to drive operational performance.
Day 2 and 3 are split into solution-specific learning tracks, led by Cority's Product Management team. This is where to go to get hands-on training, discover new features and functionality, and hear how other Cority users are leveraging the platform. Whether you're new to Cority or an advanced user, there are learning opportunities for everyone.
Key takeaways from the Occupational Health hands-on sessions:
- Automated SEG enrollments open up the possibility to allow for more exposure-based programs.
- Dynamic Layouts and Workflow steps provide a ‘no guesswork’ user experience.
- Migrating configurations make it easy to share good ideas and promote configuration changes from one environment to another.
Key takeaways from the Worker Well-Being sessions:
- Organizations need to take a more holistic approach to well-being, considering not only the hazards workers are exposed to and their lifestyle choices, but also the workplace factors that influence those choices.
- Emerging issues that organizations need to focus on include mental health, opioids, obesity and fatigue, and when building programs to address these issues, take a total worker health approach.
- Cority’s out-of-the-box functionality can assist clients to manage these issues effectively.
Exciting New Behavioral Safety Partnership
This year we were lucky to have Darren Sutton, elite performance psychologist from RMS Switzerland, as one of our featured speakers. During his presentation, he talked about how we can reframe safety - by focusing more on what we want rather than what we don't want - to influence behavior and create sustainable excellence in health, safety and well-being.
Darren also made an exciting announcement at the end of his presentation: Cority has partnered with RMS and Dr. Andrew Sharman to support the world's only IOSH Certified Behavioral Safety Leadership Program. Interested in learning more? Take a look at the official press release for more information and register for the course here:
Relive the Magic
Learning, connecting, training, discussing, collaborating, and entertaining. These are all words that came to mind when we asked attendees to reflect on their Cority Connect experience. Relive the event here:
Thank you to our amazing clients, partners, and team who helped make this conference a huge success!
If you’re interested in joining us in San Diego next year, mark your calendar for March 1-4, 2021 and save your seat today.