Every April and October, Barbour and SHP Online bring you a legislation update webinar looking back on recent changes, and forward to upcoming ones.
Health and safety law and securing compliance remains to be an ever important and far reaching area, particularly now in light of unlimited and ever increasing fines. Specialist regulatory law practitioners, Kizzy Augustin, Partner at Russell Cooke and Emma Evans, Associate of Pinsent Masons, will take a look at and consider some of the more recent changes. They will also be joined by Howard Pullman, Business Development Director at Cority.
Topics covered include:
- Significant legislative changes or developments – what you need to know in order to secure compliance;
- Privilege – current legal landscape, practical implications, and best practice;
- Enforcement Notices – supreme court’s recent decision in Chevron and practical implications for duty holders;
- ISO 45001 – new international standard and its implications;
- Recent sentencing trends and appeals - update on sentencing case law.